John loves to entertain

John loves to entertain
No matter how large or small the event

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What are You to God?

For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be his treasured possession.” Deuteronomy 14:2


Isn't that scripture amazing?  Me?  You?  God has chosen us to be His treasure.  I cannot fathom that a God, who I believe, created the universe would want me as his treasured possession.  This is truly amazing news.  It adds value to everything I do, and it propels me to desire to cleanse my every action and my every thought to make it pure and holy.


Pure and holy!  What is that in a world where people fight over whether or not particular scriptures are even truth or fantasy.


Regardless, I desire to live my live in a way that one day can be tested as if it is gold, run through a fire of purification, found only to be pure and more than simply glitter.


In my work and in my entertaining of audiences, I long to keep it pure.  I want God to look at how I touch the hearts of others and smile, valuing me and my work as his treasured possession.  When I sing and play guitar and saxophone before those in an Altzheimer's unit or those celebrating a wedding, I want everyone within earshot to leave the event filled with more than musical notes floating through the air.






I matter to God, you matter to God.  We are his treasured possessions.  If, when I close my guitar case at the end of a show, I know my God is smiling on me, then I have done my job well.



No comments:

Post a Comment