John loves to entertain

John loves to entertain
No matter how large or small the event

Monday, March 12, 2012

Flu Epidemic Quarantine

Yesterday when I arrived to perform at a retirement facility, I was informed that the doors had been locked because the building was recently quarantined due to the flu epidemic.  What is a performer to do in this situation?

Well, the show must go on....  Now, of course, if I were the one that was suffering from the flu - I would reschedule my performance seeing as how I am in close proximity to the elderly whom I wouldn't want to infect.  However, the shoe was on the other foot.  It was the audience that was suffering from the flu - Putting me at risk for contagion.

Still, the show went on as scheduled for those who could make it.  It was a great show, though I may have shook a few less hands than usual.  And, I will admit that (in order to protect my family) the shower was my first stop upon arriving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment